Event: Fall Picnic
Date: October 28th, 2023
Time: 10am - 2pm
Location: Dead Horse Ranch State Park, Cottonwood, LA5/LA6 Ramada. Way in the back by the last pond.
There will be:
* Mountain bike ride(s)/poker run(s) commencing at 10am. Prizes will be awarded to the top poker hands. There will be two routes to accommodate your interest-level on the day. Route 1 is a shorter route with less climbing that can easily be completed in under two hours. Route 2 will require a little more speed and focus to get back to the picnic in 2 hours. Links to the routes are below. Ride leaders and sweeps will be on both routes, and there are flags as well as the poker card bags marking both routes.
- Route 1: 9 miles, 811 ft climbing
- Route 2: 14 miles, 1365 ft climbing
* Road ride(s) organized by Rusty Cranks will be commencing at 10am for a 20-mile adventure exploring the scenic foothills of Mingus Mountain and the picturesque, meandering Sycamore Canyon. Details of the road rides can be found here.
* Following the poker run(s) & road ride(s), there will be a picnic with burgers, brats and hotdogs, sodas and beer.
* Participants are asked to bring a salad or a dessert to share.
* There will be a 50/50 raffle and bike games.
* Please share your photos/videos taken during the event:
- Instagram/Facebook: tag @VerdeValleyCyclistsCoalition
- Or, email them to email@example.com
Members, guests and non-members are all welcome. We just need everyone to Register!
Park entry fee: $7 per vehicle or $3 per bike if you pedal in, so we encourage everyone to carpool or ride to the event!
Hope to see you all there!